Friday, January 15, 2010

No Mans Land



This is a poem I had written years ago in my early teenage years, I stumbled on it when I was tripping down memory lane earlier today.



I have found another place
where i can finally find
some peace of mind.
Its a little space in between
everything that is real
and all my dreams...
I had a little peak into Alice's looking glass
something i agree,
I probably should have never done.
Mr. Caterpillar and the Walrus
never looked so damn pleased
to see me,
as they blew O s
made by their 'happy' pipes.
Then some great mythological creature
(which?) I can't really tell...
told me he had a flower for me
but it died on his way to see me.
"That's OK," I said...
where it fell, grew another much prettier one.
Music notes passing by-
carried by the man himself,
the one we wept for
on the day of his death.
-- Back in the real world,
they try to ask u questions by televising an unsuccessful seance.
*Oh they'll never really understand, that u never left us.
Cornflake girls dancing in the distance
around a melody sung by their bonfire
and those fairies with no wings
smile dreamily as they fly
on another level of spirituality.
I'll never forget what i saw
the day i looked through the glass
into No mAnS LAnD


No comments:

Post a Comment